I like to consider myself first a philosopher, then a scientist, then a technologist. By focusing on the whys, then the whats, then the hows, specifications have a strong foundational underpinning.
Some examples of my works:
- Debugged hardware, software, running behavioral experiments, performing surgeries. Observed and interpreted the how the brain processes spaces.
- Studied neural plasticity, how different molecules are involved in neural signal transmission.
- I have lived in the community of the Zen Buddhist Temple, Ann Arbor, for 22 months. Observed, adjusted interactions between body and mind, relations between beings.
Strategy in artificial intelligence and machine learning startups I have led or advised, based on what humans do:
- Automotive computer vision software that learned to predict pedestrian behavior and sends warnings to the driver - as Chief Scientific Officer at Intvo, back when it was working in this space.
- Wearables that learn based on voice data - as Scientific Advisor at Valence Vibrations.
The best is yet to come.
What is Cybernetics?
Cybernetics is a thread that runs through everything I do.
Cybernetics is an interdisciplinary field about circular feedback loops: systems of systems.
Cybernetics is in both natural and artificial intelligence systems.